[Spridgets] NYC LBC?

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 08:18:14 MDT 2008

Ron,
It wasn't me.  Mine's a chrome bumper and I don't drive it in NYC.  I don't
even drive my regular cars there unless I have a parking space garanteed
somewhere off the streets, or am just passing through to places west.  If you
notice, all the cars in NYC have bumper rash.  Not just some, virtually every
one.  This is because people here have zero respect for other people's cars.
They parallel park by the brail method.  Unfamiliar with that method?

Here a description: Back into a space till you hit the car behind, then pull
forward till you hit that one, then kind of split the difference.  If you're
not skilled enough to get it right the first time, just repeat the entire
process two or three times till you think you're far enough out of the traffic
flow.  This also works if there's not quite a long enough space for your car
because they've discovered that parked cars will move if you push them hard
enough.  I promise I'm not exaggerating.  I see this every day and it amazes
me that this is just the accepted method of parking.

If you want to see LBC's, next time take a day trip out on Long Island,
they're everywhere.  There are active clubs for just about every marque,
sunset cruises, beach cruises, shows, rallys, etc.  Email me before your next
trip and I'll be happy to let you know of anything in the MG or Austin Healey
club events schedules.  Our MG club meets the second Friday of each month.
That alone would garantee you will see a bunch of LBC's.

David Booker
Long Island