[Spridgets] Electric Tachometer For Bugeye

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Jul 5 16:25:30 MDT 2008

Bud Pazur wrote:
> I don't know if this later style tach works. How can I test it (and then wire
> it into the car if it does work)?
!st, switch the tach to negative ground.
Open up the housing, in the back there is a resistor very close to the
wire that goes to the spade terminal coming out of the tach.
Unsolder the resistor and the wire, switch them, resolder them.
Wiring it to the car needs a white wire from the ignition, thru the loop
terminal on the back of the tach and to the + side of the coil.
This is for - grd.
A green wire which you can pick up off the fuel gauge or signal switch
circuit needs to go to the resoldered terminal on the back of the tach.
Also, disconnect the existing white wire from the Bugeye key switch that
now runs to the coil.
It has to go from the key thru the loop on the tach and then to the coil
or the tach will not work.
The loop is directional, I do not know which way it is supposed to go,
if by chance you have a small cut off white wire around the loop post,
that would have been correct for + grd, it needs to be reversed for - grd.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ