[Spridgets] Electric Tachometer For Bugeye

Bud Pazur bpazur at excel.net
Sat Jul 5 16:07:52 MDT 2008

My generator drive for my Mark I tachometer is making a lot of noise. (The
drive was a cheap MO$$ POS to begin with). I'd like to replace the original
style tach with a later style tachometer I've had for a long time.

I don't know if this later style tach works. How can I test it (and then wire
it into the car if it does work)? It has the yellow band going from 5500 to
6000 and the red going from 6000 to 7000, and is a Smiths RVI 240 OOB. It says
Positive Earth - my Bugeye is now negative earth. It has a red Ignition
indicator at the bottom

Thanks.

Bud