[Spridgets] Bugeye original paint

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 20:23:08 MDT 2008

Linda,  I sprayed it with "Oil Alkyd Enamel".  The same kind of paint that
BMC
originally used in 1959 at Longbridge. Today, we call that kind of paint
Rustoleum.

It is my opinion that Rustoleum "Antique White" is an extremely close color
match
for Old English White.  Others may disagree.

I did not do this on a whim.  I have a small patch of original Old English
White paint on
my car to compare it with.  I think it is very close.

I am about to spray the third and final coat.  I used a high volume, low
pressure, paint sprayer.
You can get this type of spray gun from various tools stores.  It is the
type of spray gun
used by most body shops these days.  I have been color wet sanding with
600grit between coats.
After the third coat, I will let it harden for about a week.  I will then
wet sand with 1200 grit
and then I will buff it out with compound.

On the 4th I will have three LBC owners over to visit.   Two of them will
not know that
the paint is Rustoleum (unless unbeknownst to me they read this list!)

They will all get to look at the orignal little patch and decide for
themselves.

As you can imagine, I can't wait for the results of this little color
perception experiment.