[Spridgets] Datsun 5 speed question

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 20:52:12 MST 2008

I do not know what the F #s mean. I think it is related to the set up of the trans.
  I did not ask - but now after thinking about it i wondered about the difference is in the set up.

  A dogleg is when 1st is across from rev.
  Standard would be rev across from 5th.

  I was told by a Datsun guy that they did make different ratio's and even racing ratio's.

  Vigil

derf <derf247 at gmail.com> wrote:
  FL, FA, and FX are stamped on the top of the bellhousings. I think
they denote the proper tranny for the conversion. I dunno what you
mean by dogleg.