[Spridgets] HS2 Float Lid Question

David Ambrose stargazer1 at cox.net
Wed Jan 16 21:57:58 MST 2008

Greetings O Learned Ones:

My son and I just mounted some newly rebuilt carbs on his desmogged '70
midget. We turned on the key, and have gas coming out the "spare" hose
connection on the rear carb. I don't remember us having anything on that
connection previously so I'm both puzzled and concerned by this sudden
production of liquid petrol. Did we get the carb lids swapped? The
emission control diagram seems to indicate that is normally a vent of
some sort that runs to the carbon cannister.

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose