[Spridgets] Bugeye windows

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Mon Jan 14 08:54:42 MST 2008

Most find it easier to put a Bugeye nose on a squarebodied Sprite. If you're
interested in convenience, then that solution also gets you a real boot lid,
and all the suspension and braking improvements. I'd have to look at the
contour of the roll up windows in comparison to the side screens on a Bugeye
to see what modifications you'd need to do to make a top fit. Sounds like a
lot of cockin' around to ruin a Bugeye, rather than to make a later Spridget
with more conveniences look like a Bugeye with the simple addition of a
nose.

Also, ask yourself how many folks drive their Sprites (Bugeye or later) in
inclement weather? Not too many. Personally, with decent sidescreens, I've
never had an issue with any reason to modify a Bugeye with any large amount
of conveniences.

WST