[Spridgets] bugeye windshield installation

Ed Townley healeymonster at fastwave.biz
Thu Jan 3 16:03:45 MST 2008

Hi, Vern--are you talking about the windscreen to frame, or the frame to
body seal? The frame to body is straightforward--just use silicone spray or
dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle and apply liberally while sliding in
from one end.  Obviously, this requires frame on the bench--off the
car.--easiest reinstallation--two people--rope between seal and body and
work the lip of the seal forward while pulling screen down to mount.
I found the glass to screen seal a little more challenging-- much easier
with two people, again, off the car, and plenty of slick stuff as mentioned
above--a "fiddly" job, but again, pretty straightforward, as long as you
remember--Glass don't bend very well.!!!
Hope this helps.

Ed Townley
Southern NM, USA

59 AN5 "Horny Toad"
64 BJ8 "Healeymonster"
55 Austin FX3 Taxi "Sir Nigel"
60 AN5 "Lumpy" RHD project for past 4 years, but now ON THE ROAD as of
Dec.16, 2007!!!!!

Message: 6