[Spridgets] Words of warning

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 17:12:03 MST 2008

NOS tops, as in OLD and on the shelf for 28 years make great items to
come up with new and exciting curse words.
I have a new in the box Amco top for my 67.
I went to install it today after letting it warm up in the house for a
couple days. All was going fairly well, it is the best top by far as far
as installations go, The holes are there, the snaps are on, and the line
at the header is there. Anyway, it was about 3" too short.
So even after Diane and I hit it with 2 hair dryers for 30 minutes to
get it to stretch, we had it real close.
I even managed to latch one latch, then I walked around to the unlatched
side and there it was, a beautiful 4" rip that magically appeared and it
was NOT there earlier.
So now I have a brand new ripped top.
BTW, the NOS tonneau is just as bad but I did not even try to stretch it
to fit for fear of ripping it. It's not mine.
Sorry, I forgot to mail it but I do have it in a box.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ