[Spridgets] oh oh toy boys

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:54:00 MST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 11:08 AM, <b-evans at earthlink.net> wrote:

> A few years ago, Pam and I were looking for a new car.  When we went
> into a Toyota dealer, we were pounced upon by an American salesman of
> about 60+.

<snip>

Many years ago I adopted a policy for dealing with car salesmen. When I
enter a dealership showroom, I tell the first guy who comes up to me, "If I
have questions I will ask you, otherwise, if you or any of your co-workers
begins to give me a sales pitch I'm leaving immediately and not coming
back."  It took a while, but about 10 years ago a salesman at a local
dealership took me at my word. He immediately walked away and informed the
other sales staff to leave us alone. We ended up buying a pickup from him
(we had already done our homework on price vs. markup and the mechanicals,
reliability...etc.). 5 Years later we traded that pickup in for a new one
through the same guy. Did that again 2 years ago.  Never has he said a word
to us unless we asked questions. Never has he tried to jack the price or
push a POS on us.

If you let them rape you, they will........    If you don't let them.....
;-)

Cheers!!
Jim

--