[Spridgets] Frame Bend - Reference to Radiator

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 13:04:13 MST 2008

Kirk,

Why bend the frame then? It would be much easier to just bend the radiator
brackets. Then there is the question about the fan hitting the rad if it is
tipped back isn't there?  Where is the bend point? Ahead or behind the
engine mounts?

Cheers!!
Jim

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Actually put there to lean the radiator back a bit.  Otherwise, the car
> would over heat.  They discovered this after many tedious hours of study.
>
> Looking at it backwards:
> If the bend in our frames were the result of the car being driven over
> time,
> then it would also make sense that their would be a negative change in
> handling, some cars over time, handling more poorly than others?
>
> "Hey, my car has a lot of miles on it over rough roads, and that bend I
> have
> been noticing has increased.  I can really feel it in the handling - the
> car
> gets worse over time, as I notice the bend beginning to get worse and
> worse."
>

> I still go with the radiator, the need to lean the radiator back a few
> degrees.
>
> Kirk
> 59BE

Cheers!!
Jim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough
to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson