[Spridgets] Lowering a rubber bumper 1500?

Lee Fox lee.fox at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 21 09:28:15 MST 2008

One of my winter projects is to replace all the suspension bushings,
front and rear, in my 1979 rubber bumper Midget.

Is there any reason/advantage to lowering the ride height to A-series specs?

Will it look stupid?
Will it improve or hurt handling?

What is involved?
I have a set of front coils from a '69.
I can remove the spacers at the front of the rear leaf springs.
Anything else???

I have a negative camber situation in the front that I'm going to try
and fix with offset adjustable trunnion bushings from MiniMania, per
Frank C.'s advice. I think I also will avoid poly bushings elsewhere, as
I've not heard much in their favor, except at the track.

I'm not looking to race this beast and hope to drive it the 1000 miles
to MG2009 in Colorado next summer (anyone else going?).

Thanks.

Lee in St. Louis