[Spridgets] Thoughts for the Midget 50th

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Dec 18 06:23:19 MST 2008

>I think it should be held in a different area, but multiple
> simultaneous events is a bit much to ask.
> So, I say let's offer suggestions with "selling points", and choose
> one.  The people making the choice should be the ones stepping up to
> organize since they are going to be the ones making it "work".

I agree. Sorta like the process of selecting a venue for the Olympics ;-)
Any place it/they would be held would require a lot of time and effort.
If you are not interested/available to put in that kind of selfless
suffering,
don't be too quick to demand anything, although suggestions are always
valuable. Sorta.

I also agree that multiple simultaneous would be a waste of resources.
Heck, I bet we would almost all have to resort to Horler to find out that
the MkI Midget was announced 20 June 1969, so the actual date just
ain't that critical. If they are not simultaneous, some fool would try to
get to all of them. Not necessarily a bad thing, especially if they are
helpful.

I feel a little guilty that the 08 event was only 7 or 8 hours from home for
me,
so I would be only too happy for it to be further west next time.
David Lieb