[Spridgets] Beading*

dlancer7676 at comcast.net dlancer7676 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 10:45:30 MST 2008

There are instructions for doing just that in one of my restoration manuals.  Seems like a good idea, since the bead seam is a great place for water sit around and irritate the steel into rusting.  I guess if you are preparing a concours car you should leave the beading, but if you, like me and so many others on this list drive the cars for fun and utility, it seems like a good idea to remove it, fill it properly, and get rid of that crevice.  8^)

--David C.
Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.

From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe at optonline.net>