[Spridgets] Holy Sprite is here

David Ramsey dwramsey at att.net
Mon Aug 25 05:01:59 MDT 2008

Frank, what you have to remember is that car is the kind we throw away in
California as not worth restoring.  With so many good cars around why waste
your time on rust.
		Crash

I have to say, California cars are a wonderful thing. No rust, every
bolt came out like it was installed yesterday.
Here in the east, we soak every nut and bolt for a week before we think
about removing it. We heat them all to a cherry red just before we put a
wrench on it and then we beat the wrench with a BFH until we snap it off.
It's just a way of life on this side of the country. Then we figure out
how much metal we need to make it look like a car again as we cut out
all the swiss cheese like stuff that used to be a body panel.
I mean even the E brake handle screws came out with no effort. I usually
chisel the off and reweld nuts on the back side of the holder. Not this
time.
Maybe some of that divine intervention? Or are all CA cars a piece of
cake to work on?
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ