[Spridgets] Steering rack and horn grounding

Tannen, Skip tannen at babson.edu
Sun Aug 17 07:53:43 MDT 2008

Folks,

I'm looking for some advice on horn grounding.  I know this has been
discussed before, and I did find some info in the archives, but I
haven't found a fix yet.  My horn stopped working, and after taking
everything apart and troubleshooting I found that the problem is the
steering column ground.  I can get the horn to work by grounding a
jumper wire on the steering column, but grounding a jumper wire to one
of the steering rack bolts doesn't work.  If the column grounds through
the rack, shouldn't grounding one of the rack bolts make it work?  Any
ideas on how I can get a good ground again?

Thanks in advance.

Skip Tannen
'65 Austin Healey Sprite
'71 Triumph Bonneville