[Spridgets] Holy Spirite trailer

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 21:31:06 MDT 2008

Hey gang...  Save the disparaging remarks about "The Little Trailer That
Could"!  We had no trouble with it other than the typical chinky quality
issues. The tail light assembly is the cheapest thing I've every seen.  Must
be all of about $.10 to make one of these!!  When Mark dropped it with us,
the bulb was burned out in this lamp so I put a new one in. That night, I
discover no brake or turn signal lights on the left side. We took it all the
way to Topeka this morning like that. Mike Osipik, Mac Humphries and myself
popped it open again and found that one of the contacts had been shaved
completely off the base of the 1157 bulb by the two copper strips that were
supposed to act as contacts! I managed to pry them apart and insert a new
bulb which was working when the guys left Topeka. Basically, the light
fixtures are the cheapest Chinky hunks of $hit I've ever seen.  Otherwise,
that little trailer is doing great service. It is stable, tows easily, and
is holding up very nicely under the weight!

Cheers!!
Jim & Carolyn who just got home 1330 miles later with bigs smiles on our
faces!

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Glen Byrns <grbyrns at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> >From what I saw of the trailer when we loaded up the Holy Spirite, you can
> just fold it carefully and put it in one of those padded envelopes.  Couple
> of bucks postage and Bob's your uncle.  The first miracle of this car will
> be its safe arrival on that trailer.  Seriously, a gardener with two big
> mowers would be concerned about overloading it.
>
> Glen
>
> > Excuse me if I'm being thick or missed something BUT how does the trailer
> > get back to Buster?
> >
> > W E S L A K E 1330

Cheers!!
Jim