[Spridgets] removing a broken stud

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Sat Aug 9 07:12:38 MDT 2008

See Loreena Bobbit for removing studs

On Aug 9, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Robert Duquette wrote:

> My memory fails me, but someone here was having problems removing a
> broken
> stud ( from a seat belt rear well hump? ) and I passed on what
> someone once
> told me, though I had never tried it.  The restorer suggested
> welding a bead
> on the end of the stud, wait a bit, weld a bead on the end of the
> bead, etc,
> until you had something that you could get vise grips onto.  Then
> screw it
> out.  The heat and cool recycling should have freed it up if it was
> seized.
> Here's a similar idea shown in a how-to video.
>

> http://www.expertvillage.com/video/11073_mig-welding-remove-broken-stud.htm

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in
sideways, Margaritas in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!".