[Spridgets] removing a broken stud

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 9 07:04:00 MDT 2008

My memory fails me, but someone here was having problems removing a broken
stud ( from a seat belt rear well hump? ) and I passed on what someone once
told me, though I had never tried it.  The restorer suggested welding a bead
on the end of the stud, wait a bit, weld a bead on the end of the bead, etc,
until you had something that you could get vise grips onto.  Then screw it
out.  The heat and cool recycling should have freed it up if it was seized.
Here's a similar idea shown in a how-to video.

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/11073_mig-welding-remove-broken-stud.htm