[Spridgets] pinking problem - actually clutch??

K. Valentine kevin at valentinephoto.net
Tue Aug 5 10:48:03 MDT 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Marc wrote:

> I figured I'd see if maybe the rattling was just too much play in the
> fork / slave connection. Maybe I had made the push rod a lil too
> short?
> So I pulled the pushrod out, built it up a bit with my mig. Put it
> back
> in, and I had lost my clutch pedal. Arrrrrgh! Dang, brand new slave
> too,
> wouldn't have expected it to be so touchy!  Air must've got in,
> cause no
> fluid came out...

Marc,

I just went thru this on a 73 Midget.....

If the slave rod is too long the clutch will be pushed too far and it
will act like it is not working.  It is actually being pushed past
the point where it is disengaging. Try pushing the clutch in part way
to see if it will disengage.  If it does, the rod is too long.

Kevin V.