[Spridgets] FW: Temp gauge repair

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Wed Apr 30 05:57:55 MDT 2008

Somewhere, I seem to remember someone (Nisonger?) offering a rebuilding
service for those units.  That might be your best bet, as an accurate,
reliable temp gauge is a far cheaper investment than having to rebuild a
"cooked" engine.
The good news is that, if you are careful not to disturb the capillary
line; they last a long time.  The one I replaced (with a new, BL dealer
stock unit) in my '72 Midget, 26 years ago, is still functioning
perfectly.
Bud Osbourne