[Spridgets] [Fwd: Re: BE Fuel Sending unit]

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 10:04:57 MDT 2008

WELL........
When I got one of my cars, forget which one, it had been sitting for a LONG
TIME.
It also read the same level, regardless of fuel amount. I drained the tank,
it had a drain plug in it, and pulled it out of the car. I removed the
sending unit, and found it to be frozen in place. Since it was already a
lost cause, I sprayed it down liberally with some chemical to loosen it, and
gently started to swing the float arm back and forth. It freed up, and
worked fine after that.
That might give you a place to start.

Brad

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Maxime Slegers <max at maxengland.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> My midget mkIII fuel gauge reads half all the time when the ignition is
> on. I've seen many posts talking of a full gauge when tank is empty and
> vice-versa, but never seen 'half all the time when there's current getting
> to the gauge'.
>
> Any idea? Could it be a bad earth somewhere or is it possible that the
> sending unit is blocked halfway?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Max
>
> > Hey Biff,
> >
> > Why do you call your black Mk II Sprite gray?  Just curious.
> >
> > Mike C

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad