[Spridgets] Distributors

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 17 18:31:57 MDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Rowe" <mdrowe at optonline.net>
To: "Spridget Chat Group" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:12 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] Distributors

I have the guts of three Midget distributors lying on my table.  Two of the
three guts are different.  Only one has a working vacuum advance, but that
one has a 1/8" hole punched out of the side.  I will make one out of the
best of the pieces.

1.  Am I better off to patch the hole with epoxy, or move the vacuum advance
to another body?  If I move it, how do I get it reset properly?
2.  I have a 13 degree centrifugal advance with weaker springs and an 18
degree advance with stronger springs.  Which is better and why?
3.  The manual says I should have a maximum advance in the mid 20 degrees.
Why are these marked less?

Michael Rowe
Long Island, NY

Michael, I think I would put the whole works in a box and send it to Jeff at
Advanced Distributors.  Tell him what you have so far as a motor and mods
and let him work his magic.  No matter what you come up with, it will be a
blind guess at what will work best for you.  This may be one of those times
when spending a few bucks for a pro's service is the cheapest and best route
in the long run.

Larry