[Spridgets] rebuilt vs restored Re: Bugeye in Magazine

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Wed Apr 16 08:45:43 MDT 2008

> I also like "fixin it up"! Given both my bike (41 Indian) and auto (79
> Midg) are intended to be ridden/driven often and rather abusively
> (like I stole 'em may be appropriate) I might add, doing what it takes
> to make certain they stop and go as I expect is essential - often
> after a sacrifice to the 'concours original' gods. Then there /is/ the
> money factor....

And the ultimate insult of KNOWING that this piece came on the car from the
factory, even though the concours folks assure you that it is incorrect. If
the car can't be driven, is it still a car? As Barney Gaylord has been heard
to say, the best cure for a concours car is a gravel road at high speed.
David Lieb