[Spridgets] rebuilt vs restored Re: Bugeye in Magazine

Mark A. O'Neil mark.a.oneil at Dartmouth.EDU
Wed Apr 16 08:24:56 MDT 2008

>> FWIW, we had this same discussion on one of my antique motorcycle
>> lists a
>> few years ago. The concensus term was "rebuilt" vs "restored".
>>
>> Cheers!!
>> Jim

You wouldn't be on the Indian list would you Jim?

We had the exact same discussion and consensus.

I also like "fixin it up"! Given both my bike (41 Indian) and auto (79
Midg) are intended to be ridden/driven often and rather abusively
(like I stole 'em may be appropriate) I might add, doing what it takes
to make certain they stop and go as I expect is essential - often
after a sacrifice to the 'concours original' gods. Then there /is/ the
money factor....

-m