[Spridgets] Gasoline/Diesel $

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Sun Apr 13 18:35:32 MDT 2008

FWIW... as an ex-Brit...
1) A European gallon has 8 pts of 20 fl oz = 160 fl. oz  .... ~ 4.0c/oz
a US gallon has 8 pts of 16 fl oz = 128 flo. oz.  _~2.75c/oz
- a difference of 20% in a the size of the gallon...
- a difference of approx 25% in price.
(If my calculator is correct!)

2) The US pumps oil in many states.
Europe doesn't pump any oil, except (AFAIK) for Scotland and North Sea
Oil.

3) At budget time, the European governments traditionally raise the taxes
on Beer, Alcohol, Cigarettes and Gasoline... British taxes on gas used to be
the major part of the cost..

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA