[Spridgets] Two more questions

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Sat Apr 12 12:19:20 MDT 2008

Brad,

You can do as you see fit. And you will get as many opinions as there
are folks on the list.

  It has always been my opinion to break them in slowly for 50 - 100
miles, varied speed etc. Then just drive the thing like you will next
year and the year after that and so on. They will seat pretty good in
the first miles, then just go.

Larry

On Apr 12, 2008, at 5:42 AM, Brad Fornal wrote:

> To help seat the rings, I am taking a 60 mile; one way trip, to
> Denton this
> afternoon. I'll have a bite to eat, let it cool all the way down,
> and drive
> it back home.
> What is the best suggested break in rpm? Or is there a variety of
> speeds
> that makes it better.
> I will be taking the interstate, that has a speed limit of 70, if that
> matters any. If I need to break her in at lower speeds, I need to
> know that
> as well.
> Also, my speedometer is bouncy. What usually causes that? Loose ends
> at the
> transmission or speedometer head, lack of grease on the cable, or bad
> speedometer itself?
> When I put it on at the transmission, I didn't tighten it all the
> way snug.
> To do that, I'd need to get the pliers after it, and I wasn't sure
> that was
> the way to go.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad
>
> --
> DON JULIO 1942
>
> www.myspace.com/tequilabrad

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Declare your Independence, Bring your MG to MG 2008
Valley Forge, PA June 26-29, 2008
http://mg2008.com

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've
never actually known what the question is." - Douglas Adams