[Spridgets] NW Caravan

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Thu Apr 3 07:38:08 MST 2008

Hello spridgets

            I've been using Google Earth and Google maps. i have
            DeLorme Street Atlas USA. It's not like i'm over 50 years
            old and never driven cross country before guys. I don't
            have a laptop, or a GPS and don't plan to get one.

            i was just wondering WHY ANYONE would go thru DENVER
            given that is a longer route (i found it to be longer
            using the drag route feature of Google Maps.

            i KNOW the interstates are boring and all the same. I
            KNOW the places really worth seeing are on the state
            routes, the by ways, and back ways.

            Using Google Maps to compute drive times gives me the
            following figures. Using Interstates, about 30 hours, at
            70 mph to cover the 2000 miles. Avoiding Interstates,
            about 43 hours at 50 mph to cover 2126 miles. that 13
            hour difference is TWO DAYS extra drving.

            I presume that most people who are headed to MO will
            start out on the Saturday before (if they're not retired
            and can ALL THE TIME THEY WANT) or later. That's when i
            plan to leave, but i have over 2000 miles in the MOST
            DIRECT ROUTE. there ARE time constraints.

            going home i'll have a couple of extra days

            oops .. rant over.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias at pacifier.com
 '66 Sprite
      * "Skool is grate," said Tom comprehensively.