[Spridgets] SOS beta tester sacrificial lambs needed

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Fri Sep 28 06:18:11 MDT 2007

Hey y'all,

For years, we've broadcast SOS via Yahoo messenger.

The good.

Yahoo Messenger is used by many people already. Many already have a Yahoo
ID. It's free. It supports both audio and video. When in a conference room,
all can have microphones, and speak to each other in real time. Video
qualities have improved with better bandwidth and video codecs.

The cons.

Many fear the possibility of Yahoo taking over their computers, their minds,
their lives. Some folks are technically challenged and are unable to set
their configurations properly.

The question..

Anyone have personal experience with a WebCam broadcasting/streaming
software that you've found to work well? I'd like to experiment with some
options in advance of SOS. We'll need some volunteers.

Wm. Severin Thompson

~iii<O

 <mailto:wsthompson at thicko.com> wsthompson at thicko.com

 <http://www.thicko.com/> www.thicko.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of image001.png]