[Spridgets] Help with Datsun 5 speed check

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 28 02:07:12 MST 2007

have you tried holding the transmission vertically.. and dropping it on each end from about 2 inches ...use a block of wood to drop it on ?

Dena & David Vrba <denadave at ca.rr.com> wrote:
  Hi Listers,
Need help! Got a 5 speed (out of car and drained) locally but it won't shift
or turn at all. I don't want to force anything with pliers and such. Don't
want to boogger the splines. Do I need to get "surgical" with the unit to
free it up? I have been told it has been outside for quite some time. I
haven't bought it yet but it is local so I can visit it at will. Any hints as
to how to free her up would be greatly appreciated.
This is all I have done so far.
Put shifter in place and can't get any movement into any gear from wherever it
is now.
Neither splined end will move with a good grip on it and trying to turn it.
Thanks,
David Vrba
'62 Sprite MKII
Corona, CA