[Spridgets] Paint Code Needed - OE White

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 24 09:39:20 MDT 2007

Tim Collins wrote:  "I am ready to have my Sprite painted but I need a
paint code for > Diamont paint for OLD ENGLISH WHITE. My painter couldn't
find OEW in his computer system and said he would have to make a call."

I may be mistaken, but I think your painter will have a little trouble
finding it, for the *original" recipe does not seem to found anywhere.
When I was preparing my car for the BusterCluster, I finally went to MAACO
in Stanton, California.  It is hard to believe that anyone would go to the
extent they did to get the *perfect* OEW.  Fortunately, I had some virgin
paint under the tail light assemblies they could be guided by.  They began
with the OEW formula they could find, but were not satisfied.  They then
mixed, as I recall, three more formulae until they got a perfect match with
the virgin paint.  You might check with them, or with MAACO's corporate
headquarters that is also aware of the project.  Some contacts:

Martin Megnin
MAACO of Stanton
(714) 821-5161
        or