[Spridgets] Federal Mogul (Carter) Fuel Pump

Mike/Donna Carpenter mail4carpenters at peoplepc.com
Mon Oct 15 07:25:42 MDT 2007

I need help guys and gals,

The old blue top AC electric fuel pump crashed on my Seven America (Remember the "America" version is Sprite engine and transmission).  I purchased a Carter in-line electric fuel pump that is pretty much shaped like a torpedo and comes with a separate installed steel fuel filter with a short piece of fuel line between.  The fuel pump has a hot wire and a ground (braided no insulation.  Can I wire this pump positive ground as my Seven America is positive ground.  The wiring diagram only shows a negative ground application as usual.

Thanks all for your help!

Mike C