[Spridgets] Air Compressor Fittings

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 22:00:06 MDT 2007

Did they say why to use copper?

  I did not do any research on what to use. I was not even looking for one at the time. I bought it on a Friday night at a auction and installed the next morning. I ran PVC and i have had no problems. At the bench I have 8 lines i came off the main line these i have water filter/oilers because some of the tools require oil. Much nicer then having to worry about the oil and burning up the tool. The others i only have water filters. If i remember correctly the size depends on the output of the unit. I installed 150' that covers 3 walls of the shop and all drops. I have one line that runs outside in case i want to sand blast. I also have a valves to clean out the line in four places. The hose also depends on the application. The curly yellow ones work well at the work bench and the small hand tools. (not sure the size) For the bigger tools i use the blue or red firm hard hose. I used the pop off fittings to change over on all the connections except one of the hand tools. It
 can only be disconnected at the far end of the hose. It has a swivel connector on the tool side so it never gets in the way.

  Vigil

David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
  I have finally gotten the wiring done for my air compressor. Now it is time
to do some plumbing for it. Grassroots Motorsports recommends using 3/4"
schedule L or K copper tubing for the main run with 1/2" drops. Fine with
me. Questions arise as to appropriate hose to connect from the compressor to
the tubing, whose filter and regulator to use, etc. Speak to me!
David Lieb
uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com

Edit your replies

http://www.team.net/archive