[Spridgets] wheel bearings

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Oct 4 14:26:51 MDT 2007

> That spacer and shims are needed to keep the inner spacer stationary.
> If the Spridgets aren't like the MGBs and don't have that inner ring,
> then maybe set em up loose.  But, that ring being allowed to float
> and/or spin can't be good.

Not quite sure what you mean by "inner ring". My midget is set up the same
way as my 1972 Chevelle was. Works great. Spindle on the Spridget is just as
thick as that of cars significantly larger that were not designed to have a
spacer in there. The roller bearings are capable of greater loads than I
will ever expose them to. If you like to waste your time trying to make
roller bearings work in a way they were not intended to, be my guest.
David Lieb