[Spridgets] Carb needed for '72 midget...

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Wed Oct 3 12:28:14 MDT 2007

Hi Folks...

I went over to Jim's house this morning... he's buggered his hand up doing a
"Honey do"!
Anyway, I thought he had a new car to play with!!!
Butn it's the same '72 Midget with a 1275 (12V) engine that's been sitting in
his driveway for at least the last three years.
It has a pair of SU's on it with the original filter cans.
I last tuned the SU's for him about 8 years ago!!
The damage is not as bad as he told me... most of it can be fixed with what
he has in his garage...
I suspect the gaskets have dried out and the needle tubes aren't flexible any
more....
He's going to put it in his garage 'cause I ain't going to work on it outside in
the rain and cold!!
We'll see if we can get it to turn over on the starter and get some oil pressure
before I go any further..
Brake reservoir is empty but the clutch one is OK.
I wonder if the pressure plate has frozen to the flywheel.... we'll soon find out!
Thanks for everyones input.... it's always appreciated
-
Dave G
'65 MKIII Sprite