[Spridgets] Traffic Circles

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:43:07 MST 2007

On 11/23/07, Guy R Day <grday at btinternet.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> On a bike you were never, ever accompanied by the examiner and the
> Department of Transport Examiner (as he was in the 60's) was never told to
> get on someones solo motor bike.  (He may have got on one with a sidecar but
> that was a different class of test.)
<snip>

Guy,
I guess my examiner in High Wycombe, April, 1966 didn't follow that
rule exactly...  ;-)
He did, in fact, ride pillion on my 250 Tiger Cub for part of the
test. I thought that was standard as several of my buddies had the
same examiner and the same experience. And wasn't it the Ministry of
Transport back then?  I seem to remember you had to have an MoT
sticker on your vehicle too. Things change, I guess.
--
Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City