[Spridgets] Rust (Pardon if I digress to LEC stuff)

Paul Asgeirsson PAsgeirsson at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 17 23:31:44 MST 2007

Ed knows, ask him where to go!

Pa

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans at earthlink.net>
To: <Spridgets at autox.team.net>; <midgetsprite at yahoogroups.com>;
<bugeye at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:16 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] Rust (Pardon if I digress to LEC stuff)

> If I may go off-current topic for a moment with an LEC problem/question, I
have some parts and some tools from which I need to remove rust;  some of it
bad, some not-so-bad.   Some of them have "interiors" that do not lend
themselves to sandblasting.  I have in my "tech tip" file an electrolytic
rust removal process that I have used successfully in the past (including
parts in a 55 gallon plastic barrel).
> My problem:  I do not know from whom I picked up this tip, and I do not
remember how to prevent the quick "re-rusting" that takes place so quickly.
I know that I used a spray of some kind, but I don't remember what it is.