[Spridgets] What is still there?

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 14:42:50 MST 2007

Jim Johnson wrote:  "I read somewhere that the much lower injury rates are
due to the nature of collisions in a roundabout. Invariably they are
glancing blow collisions..."

Yep.  In California, at least, these are not even investigated by police,
and many times the owners do not even report them to the State.  Just
considered a fact of life in Norte Mexico.  I think that another reason the
roundabouts are safer stem from the fact that drivers know they will have
to make a maneuver and slow down, whereas here we find too many idiots
speeding up to beat the red light!  This invariably results, as Jim pointed
out, in "T-boners and at higher rates of speed", and therefore more
injuries, deaths, and damage.

Buster