[Spridgets] Brad's words of wisdom!!!

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 3 10:02:18 MST 2007

Brad Fornal wrote:  "I came to understand (much to Ed's disgust) that I
don't NEED AHCUSA, or any other club, or a car show, to justify my love of
the Sprites....The ONLY club I am a member of, are these two right here
online.

Brad, whether you know it or not, you have expressed the same feeling that
so many of us here have had for a long, long time!  I learned the hard way
that neither of the two national cliques have in their heart the interests
and well-being of Sprite/Midgets and their owner.  Oh, they may appreciate
our "dues", the money needed to support their leadership benefits and
lifestyle and club's Big Healey snobbery.   Oh, and they do like any of the
event sweat-labor given by us, but what have they ever done in return.  A
few crumbs once in a while in their magazine, but usually to stroke one
member or another.  Am I biased?  Am I prejudiced?  You bet, because I have
been involved with my Sprite for over four decades, and have endured these
attitudes for far longer than most.

These lists?  What can I say?  Well, I know so very well that neither of
the national cliques would *ever* have had any part whatsoever in the
mystical, magical BusterCluster for which Pam and I are so grateful.  How
will we ever be able to ride in the Sprite without thinking of that weekend
and those people?

So, folks, listen to Brad and take his words to heart!  He's been there.

Brad Fornal also wrote:  "Frank, you love Sprites and Midgets more than
anyone else I know, what club are you in, if you don't mind my asking?"

You mean beside his closet membership in the Home Depot Frequent Buyer's
Club and the Aficionados of Harbor Freight Association?

Buster Evans