[Spridgets] carb needles

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 1 07:54:06 MST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns at ucdavis.edu>
To: "Rick Sorak" <htpc2 at comcast.net>
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] carb needles

Hi Rick,
I filed my first needle this summer in desperation.  It worked very well.  I
used a small whetstone and took a few strokes across the portion of the
needle I imagined would be "in-play" at the point I was running lean.
Definite improvement, more strokes, more improvement.....and so on until
happy.  Slow progress with frequent road tests.  Kinda moot now as the carb
sits in a box.  Now I'm "filing my needle" by changing numbers in a computer
table of values for the injectors.  Same effect, cleaner hands.  Also can be
done on a laptop in the passenger's seat while driving.  Cool!

Glen Byrns