[Spridgets] carb needles

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 1 07:47:53 MST 2007

Hi Rick,
I filed my first needle this summer in desperation.  It worked very well.  I
used a small whetstone and took a few strokes across the portion of the
needle I imagined would be "in-play" at the point I was running lean.
Definite improvement, more strokes, more improvement.....and so on until
happy.  Slow progress with frequent road tests.  Kinda moot now as the carb
sits in a box.  Now I'm "filing my needle" by changing numbers in a computer
table of values for the injectors.  Same effect, cleaner hands.  Also can be
done on a laptop in the passenger's seat while driving.  Cool!

Glen Byrns