[Spridgets] Diffs again, if I may

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:20:34 MDT 2007

LOL.  Thank you.
That was appropriately eloquent.
In our crowd in college there were a few gay guys and gals.  No one got
their feelings hurt by the term "big ol' fag" which was used alot or "fag
hag" which was used to describe a straight female who surrounded herself
with gay males.  "Gaydar" was also a common term.
The best dance music in town at that time was at the gay club Xanthus which
had a sign on the front door that read "Enter At Rear".
I have a gay client who has eaten my steaks at my breakfast room table.
Whenever we see each other, we take turns buying lunch.  He lives in Atlanta
and his partner is confined to a wheel chair.  He isn't flaming but he takes
every opportunity to let everyone know he is gay.  One of his ex-boyfriends
is another client of mine.
I am sorry your friend was a victim of gay bashing.  I think that kind of
stuff stems mostly from repressed homosexual feelings in the bashers.   See
"American Beauty" for an example of this, also an excellent movie with very
good direction and acting.  Kevin Spacey is great in it.
Enough gay talk.  I don't think anyone on the list wants to bash gays.
Although at least one person wants to bash me.  I appreciate you guys with a
sense of humor and camaraderie and you guys who tolerate all the BS stuck in
between Spridget tibbits.  The rest of you.....well, you can't please
everyone.
Cheers,
Derf