[Spridgets] Ignition Cut Off

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Mon Jun 18 10:08:36 MDT 2007

Vigil:

If you are looking for a kill switch, then check the websites of the
race suppliers, like Pegassus or Summit.  If you run a generator, you
can get by with the less expensive switch.  If you run an alternator,
you need the switch that protects the alternator.  A bit more money.
Instructions for installation are clear.

If all you want to do is disable the car, you can also get a simple
battery cut off switch at any discount auto parts store. I got a Bosch
plastic "giant key" switch for my '63 VW from JCWhitney for a few
dollars.

A fuel pump cut off is not an ignition cut off.  If you want to cut the
fuel pump, you can wire it through a special oil pressure sensing
switch, or buy an inertia switch. The later is a good safety device in
case of a collision.

JohnD