[Spridgets] Replace rear brake line

Marc smarc at smarc.net
Sun Jun 17 07:39:13 MDT 2007

   Chris -
   Yes, thank you! - this is helpful. Apparently I have been DPO'ed...
   Are  the  brake  lines  sold  in retail stores compatible? Can someone
   educate  me  on  the  flare  type(s) required? I only have a VB Midget
   catalog  at  the  moment,  I see they sell some lines and an adapter -
   What is that for?
Marc

   Chris King wrote:

   Marc,

   No,  it  doesn't  - the floor pan is one large stamping, including the
   tunnel. It's part of what gives the tub it's strength.

   Now  the  brake  line  should  be  clipped under the seat re-inforcing
   channel  that's  welded  to  the  bottom of the floor pan, and  easily
   accessible from under the car. I'm not sure which side of the car, but
   if you trace the line back you should find it. The fuel line also runs
   under  one  of  these channels. Both are clipped in to the side of the
   channel.

   If for some reason the brake line is INSIDE the tunnel, then a DPO put
   it there. It'll work fine, just not where it's supposed to be.

   HTH

   -=Chris
   Chris King
   http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/