[Spridgets] Installing a new rocker panel on a MKII

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:38:18 MDT 2007

List ,
I am almost ready to install new rocker panels on my MKII. My first thought
was to cut the parts I need and butt weld them in with MIG welding but then
I thought maybe it would be just as hard/easy to install the whole thing. Do
I have to remove the rear renders to do the job right? Are there any
lister's who have or know who has replaced the whole rocker before if so who
are they? The only person I know who has done extensive body work on the
Sprite is Frank. Frank do you think I need to remove the rear fender? How do
I split the weld without ruining the existing fender. Perhaps I should just
replace the fenders too? Maybe that would be the easiest way just remove the
fenders also. Suggestions welcome.
Lin

62 California Sprite "Pinky"
www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner