[Spridgets] Gearbox Oil

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Mon Jul 30 06:16:23 MDT 2007

Thanks to everyone who answered this question.

The reason that I was asking is that second gear has gone out in my
transmission and I was hoping to swap out the bad ribcase tranny with a
smoothcase I have. The car was running a great a week ago. I put over
100 miles on it the previous Sunday. Second gear would pop out of gear
periodically but it wasn't too bad. Then Wednesday night on the way home
from work it kept getting harder to get the car in second gear and to
keep it into second. Thursday morning I couldn't get it into second or
if I did after numerous tries it would pop right out.

My Midget is slated to be the demo car for our local club's tech session
on engine health in two weeks and I'd like to get it back on the road by
then. I guess putting the smoothcase is the quickest fix for now. Can
anyone tell me what is involved with fixing second gear in the ribcase?

Thanks again,

Robert