[Spridgets] quick headlight question

Chris Manuel cmanuel at wi.rr.com
Sun Jul 29 16:18:37 MDT 2007

OK, back from the "inspection".  Comic relief for me after work at least...

I think I found a car Frank wouldn't touch.  This thing must have had one
last beat mission in its life back in '87 if I trust the license plate
stickers.  I have never seen bent steel rims and a dented gas tank like
that.

Lots of metal missing, enough in the front where the M-I-D-G-E-T letters
appear to hold parts together, and one side only spells idget.

I sat in the seat and made it recline in a way that it was not meant to.
Looking underneath, there was none really to speak of.

The seller was intrigued by 3 wipers.  He never drove it, just pushed it
from a neighbors.  Transmission in the trunk.  1500 block with no carbs
leaning against the passenger door.

I told him I wanted the alternator and the headlights.  He pulled out a smog
pump and the actual lamps (not rings, etc) and wouldn't take less, and
pushes me to buy the whole thing for $100 and a "buddy will tow it" home for
me.

Sure I can ebay it.  In fact, I can probably dispose of it in my garbage
with a sawzall within a few weeks.   No title.  No way to convince wife.
Well, prob could, but it's a 1500...

I thank him for his time and wish him luck.  Anyone want it?

I know you guys have seen this a lot, but this was my first Spridget
experience like this.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/383186229.html

Chris

66MKIII