[Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... No LBC - EAA Air Show

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 29 12:19:52 MDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob at msn.com>
To: <bugeye at yahoogroups.com>; "Spridgets List" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... No LBC - EAA Air Show

Ah...."Mopar plum"....nice choice of color. :)

Larry...do you know how much HP your
bro's aircraft has? Just curious considering
nearly 200mph top speed.

CapBob

He has an Australian-made Jabiru in there.  It's an air-cooled flat 6.  I
may be a liar, but I think he said it was 120 HP.

The reason it is so fast is that it is very light (600-700 lb. range) and
very small, so it doesn't punch a very big hole thru the air.  He has had it
up to 185 MPH with a good amount of throttle left.  The engineers said to
keep it below 197 MPH.  I would tend to do what they say knowing what
happens when one breaks up in mid-air.  Although it would be tough to not
crack that 200 MPH milestone just once.  (There must be a little fudge
factor in there, isn't there?)

Larry Daniels