[Spridgets] Lower Door Hinges--Midget

Monty Love cmlove at knology.net
Sun Jul 29 10:11:17 MDT 2007

Hello list;

I am normally a listener on the list, but I need some help.  I am trying to
replace the door hinges on both sides of the A pillars on my '73 midget.  I
have removed the old hinges and have the replacement parts and a few
questions.  The replacement hinges seem to fit well, but the door light
switch box seems to interfere with the top of the hinge replacement box.  It
is a triangle that is at a 90 degree angle to the A post and next to the
light swich box.  Also, the replacement skin is a question also.  I am only
trying to replace the lower skin and hinge.  So, I have only removed the
lower skin.  The upper skin wraps around the A post.  Do I have to cut off
the upper A pillar enough to get the new skin into place?  If you need I can
send pictures to show what I have.  It is hard to explain in text.  Thanks
for any help you can give.

Monty Love

'73 in pieces

Huntsville, Alabama