[Spridgets] Bugeye And Now A Spridget

rrengineer at dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Sat Jul 28 21:14:06 MDT 2007

     Last week I said I passed on the 73 RWA Midget (Spridget?) because I
thought the guy wanted too much for all that had to be done to make
it a nice driver even.  Well, what I did was not even call the guy
back after looking at the car.  After seeing how much Spridget you
could buy for only 6-700 bucks more on Ebay, all I could see was
dollar signs leaving my wallet.  He was initially firm at $1650
before I contacted him the first time according to Bob in San Diego
who spotted the car first.  During the first call to this guy he went
down to $1400, that's when I thought it was still too much.  Mind
you, it has a very straight body with absolutely NO rust, but it
needs a paint job and a complete interior just to make it a driver.
After a week of not answering several calls from him, he called my
cell phone today and left a message saying he would take $1100 for
it.  Here's where I went wrong, I called him back.  I said, I still
did not want the car at $1100 because of everything it needed (the
brakes don't work, but it has a rebuilt engine with 60 PSI oil and a
new clutch).  He said, so what do I want to pay?  This is where I
should have hung up, I told him I would trailer it away for $1000
cash.  Unfortunately he said yes.
     So now I own a Sprite and a Spridget.  It will probably sit for a
while until the BN2 is finished, but I will have it up on my 4 post
lift in the garage looming over me saying, "Come on, spend some money
on me, I dare you!"
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
73 RWA Midget